Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23rd Meeting Re-Cap

Hey, great meeting everyone! 

Our next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Friday May 7th in the All-Staff.  Jeff will be Toastmaster, Yunling and (hopefully) Tom will be giving speeches.  I will be doing table-topics again and have a plan to do a book/dvd swap event, so keep an eye out for an email with more details…..  I really want to encourage our members who haven’t been able to attend meetings lately to try and stop in again (Paul I miss your angry rants during table topics….)  Here’s a recap of todays meeting:

Today’s word of the day, compliments of Dave:

Munificent

/ [myoo-nif-uh-suhhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngnt]–adjective

1.  Extremely liberal in giving; very generous.

2.  Characterized by great generosity: a munificent bequest

 

Bonus Word (In homage to last meetings table-topics)

Schadenfreude

[shahd-n-froi-duh]  –noun

Satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

 

And our first ever original poem ‘My Day at Work’ from Anuj:

 

First I check my email

Then I eat some cereal

While I thaw my buffers – so I have my lab material.

 

I run a PCR

And photograph my gel

I don’t shower in the morning, so there’s a good chance that I smell

 

Now  it’s time to eat again

Does anyone need lunch?

The CLASH team all needs food – “this week we’re in a crunch”

 

I make some dirty jokes in the caf

But none of them are funny

So I just get some saltines out and pour on lots of honey

 

The end of day roles around

I feel a little sad

Now’s when I remember that my job ain’t so bad

 

It hits me why this day was great

And then I begin to smirk

I should have a drink every morning before I come into work

 

Andy Read

http://sigmasix-tm.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment